Gastlandschaften Rheinland-Pfalz


Nahe

Holidays at the Nahe: Where wines and gemstones sparkle

Naheland-Touristik GmbH
Bahnhofstraße 37
55606 Kirn

Tel. +49 (0) 6752/1376-10
Fax +49 (0) 6752/1376-20
info@naheland.net
www.naheland.net/en

| Stromberg

For the first time it is mentioned of the "Gollenfels" as a " Gülden rock which has lain do about the Güldenloch “ in a contract from the 5th April, 1191 between the diocese Mainz and the cloister of Ravengiersburg about goods to Dalberg. Therefore, this remarkable elevation served as a landmark, also with later documents. This place served strategically „ apparently for the cover of the crossing of Römerstraße“. 1614 it was destroyed by Spanish troops and 1619 was rebuilt. Besides, the late-medieval inside structure was preserved to a great extent. A monument of the second lieutenant of Gauvain who left his life there in the fight against the troops of Napoleon is on the castle arrangement.

You can reach us at:

Burg "Gollenfels"
Von-Gauvain-Straße
55444 Dörrebach

Phone06724 274
e-mailtouristinfo@stromberg.de
websiteww.stromberg.de

hours of operation

The castle itself is not accessible to visitor, because she is in private property.

However, from the castle court one has a marvellous look over Stromberg.

Links

Arrival by train
bahn.de - Anreiseformular