The Weißenberg school, built in 1835, is a jewel. The building, in which the girls and boys learned the abc until 1917, was lovingly restored in 1989 and is under monument protection. Now the house has become richer with an attraction: On the upper floor, the local community has opened a pretty local museum, which is furnished and cared for with great enthusiasm by the work of the same name.
In the museum, customs are preserved, home-care provided and (also the young generation) a lively insight into the world from before.
Those who enter the museum will first notice the many covered tables and chairs (seating for about 30 people), which invite guests to sit down. There are everyday objects from the house and agriculture. Hingucker are also the many pictures and curiosities.
The admission to the museum is free, the working group offers the possibility to organize guided tours. By prior arrangement it is also possible to have a meal. Further information and registration: 02667/280 (Mayoress of Mechthild Hoffmann)
Museumsstübchen Aal Schul
Phone(0049) 2667 345