Michaelskapelle: The origins of today’s “Sausage Festival” are to be found along the pilgrim’s way to St. Michaelsberg, with its chapel dating back to the year 1155. The pilgrims were provided by the local farmers and winegrowers with food in the form of wine, bread and sausages. The old chapel was demolished in the year 1601 and was first rebuilt in 1990. More information available under the guided tour “The Romans and Wine”.
67098 Bad Dürkheim