The Bismarck tower stands on the “Dorn”, a hill with a good view of the district town Altenkirchen. It was built on the initiative of citizens with the local solid rock. The laying of the foundation stone took place on April 1, 1914. The First World War prevented the planned inauguration on April 1, 1915 (Bismarck's 100th birthday). Not untill 1922 the construction was completed and officially inaugurated on May 21, 1922. The city took over the tower after World War II. From 2009 to 2010 the monument was restored and can now be visited again.
hours of operation
The tower is open every 1st Sunday of the month from 14.00 - 16.00 hrs.
Appointments outside the opening hours are possible by appointment.