prominent square in the middle of the Friedrich-Ebert-Ring stands the
reconstructed Barbara Memorial to the fallen of the Rhenish Field Artillery
Regiment No. 8 in the Wars of Unification of 1866 and 1870/71. Originally
erected in 1907 by Georg Schreyögg north of today's point of view, but
dismantled and stored in 1956 for traffic reasons. Only in 2014/15 could the
restored monument be rebuilt by an honorary association.