Grimburg Castle was built around 1190 by the Archbishops of Trier to serve as a regional castle and was the seat of office for nearly 40 Hochwald communites. It received a town charter in the 14th century. The castle was taken by Franz von Sickingen in 1522. Witch trials took place here later on. The site was “rediscovered” in 1978 and partly restored in the following years.
Förderverein Burg Grimburg e.V.
Burganlage Grimburg ca. 2 km außerhalb Grimburgs
hours of operation
Castle opened from April to October.