The “white castle” is the older of the two “Feuding Brothers”. Built in 1190 and known as castrum Sterrenberg, it is one of the oldest hilltop castles on the Rhine. As far back as 1568 it was already described as a ruin; between 1968 and 1978 it
was partially rebuilt in the Gothic style. A castle tavern with a pleasant panoramic terrace invites visitors to pause and take in the views of the Rhine.