The remains of Sponheim castle are situated on a narrow spur sharply falling away on three sides. The history of the castle is closely connected with the counts of Sponheim. In 1127 the castle was mentioned for the first time.
Only few ruins are visible of the grand castle. The donjon clearly rises from its surroundings. For further information and sightseeing please contact the Mayor
hours of operation
For further information and sightseeing please contact the Mayor:
Simone Bopp-Schmid, Tel. 06758 / 804575