The parish of Gutenberg was named after Gutenberg castle. The village situated at the bottom of Gutenberg castle was originally called “Weitersheim”. Its district was part of Kreuznach Reichsgut and belonged to the possession of the Salier. In the year 1350 count Wolfram von Sponheim appointed Gutenberg castle to the residence of his wife Elisabeth. At that time the castle was the centre of a small district including the villages of Gutenberg, Roxheim, Hargesheim and Braunweiler.
Im Vogelsang 2b