The history of the stream castle can be traced back up to her first mention in 1056. A first-time destruction is delivered from the year 1116 when the inhabitant of Mainz archbishop Adalbert allowed to destroy this royal castle up to the foundation walls. Their reconstruction occurred many years later. The stream castle was the native country and natal site of the "German Michel“, Hans Michael Elias von Obentraut (2.10.1574 - 25.10.1625). Since beginning of the 80s she is in the possession of the known television cook Johann Lafer. He restored the old stream castle and did from it a castle hotel and a gourmet's restaurant by which the stream mountain is known now in many parts of Germany.