The Hospital Chapel was built approx. 1330. Originally the chapel and its hospital were used as accomodation for the pilgrims on the Saint James' Way to Santiago de Compostela.
In the course of time it lost its religious character and was used among other things as a stable.
From 1981 to 1985 it was renovated. During this renovation there was found a medieval grave of a pilgrim, including two clams, the sign of Saint James. It was only the fourth grave in this vain found in Germany.
hours of operation
Visitations possible in a guided tour and open during several events.