The House of Inspector
… is located in 19 Obergasse Street and it was built in the 16th century. It is a half-timbered house exposed to view, the gable end is positioned in direction of the street.
Later the building was in ownership of the high rank government. As of 1727, it had been used for pastoral purposes by the Lutheran community. Among other persons, the priest, Johann Nikolaus Götz, who was known as the “nightingale of Winterburg”, lived in this house, as well; it was the place where he wrote several of his poems.
Ferienregion Nahe-Glan | Büro Meisenheim