Gastlandschaften Rheinland-Pfalz


Kapuzinerkirche Ehrenbreitstein | Koblenz


the initiative of Trier's Elector Philip Christoph von Sötern, the

Kapuzinerplatz was settled in the Ehrenbreitsteiner valley in 1627. The monasteries were completed in 1629 and the church consecrated to St.

Francis in 1657. In the tradition of the Capuchin monastery doctrine, the

architectural design of the buildings is very simple in comparison with

neighbouring Baroque buildings, with the exception of the large Baroque altar

by Johannes Seiz in the church, which, like many other sacred objects, was

donated by the current electors.



In 1813 the monastery was secularized like many

others in Napoleonic areas, most buildings were demolished. In 1861 the

Prussian state property returned the monastery to the Capuchins, but in 2008

the last Capuchins moved out. The traditional monastery became a branch of the

Teutonic Order in 2013. The church has been the parish church of

Ehrenbreitstein since 2010 and as such has taken over the function of the now

closed Kreuzkirche in the "Koblenz Rechte Rheinseite parish

association" of the deanery of Koblenz.

You can reach us at:

Kapuzinerplatz 134
56077 Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein

Phone(0049) 0261 9738790


Kapuzinerkirche (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH)
Arrival by train - Anreiseformular