Gastlandschaften Rheinland-Pfalz


Infrastructure

Preußisches Regierungsgebäude | Koblenz

The building,

erected between 1902 and 1906 in the neo-Romanesque style, was the seat of the

former Prussian government for the administrative district of Koblenz in the

Rhine Province and the main tax office.

 

 

Emperor Wilhelm II

himself made changes to the layout of the towers and roofs in order to link

them to the Staufer period. The result was a 158-metre-long complex built in

the Wilhelminian neo-Romanesque style around two inner courtyards with side

wings, which still today has a decisive influence on the image of the Rhine

front.

 

 

The four-storey

main front on the bank with its massive, gable-crowned central pavilion looks

like a fort due to the large corner towers and the tuff stone cladding of the

facades. Inside there are monumental staircases with vaulted halls and

outstanding stonemasonry work.

 

 

Today, the former

Prussian government building houses the presidium of the Federal Office for

Equipment, Information Technology and Use of the Armed Forces (BAAINBw). Since

1993, the Koblenz Higher Regional Court has been located in the southern part

of the building.

You can reach us at:

Preußisches Regierungsgebäude
Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer 12
56068 Koblenz

Phone
e-mail

Preußisches Regierungsgebäude (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH) Preußisches Regierungsgebäude Illumination (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH) Preußisches Regierungsgebäude Rhein (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH)
Arrival by train
bahn.de - Anreiseformular