erected between 1902 and 1906 in the neo-Romanesque style, was the seat of the
former Prussian government for the administrative district of Koblenz in the
Rhine Province and the main tax office.
Emperor Wilhelm II
himself made changes to the layout of the towers and roofs in order to link
them to the Staufer period. The result was a 158-metre-long complex built in
the Wilhelminian neo-Romanesque style around two inner courtyards with side
wings, which still today has a decisive influence on the image of the Rhine
main front on the bank with its massive, gable-crowned central pavilion looks
like a fort due to the large corner towers and the tuff stone cladding of the
facades. Inside there are monumental staircases with vaulted halls and
outstanding stonemasonry work.
Today, the former
Prussian government building houses the presidium of the Federal Office for
Equipment, Information Technology and Use of the Armed Forces (BAAINBw). Since
1993, the Koblenz Higher Regional Court has been located in the southern part
of the building.