Towers are an ensemble of four historic buildings in the old town of Koblenz,
at the intersection of the streets Am Plan - Löhrstraße - Altengraben -
houses with the artistic oriel towers were built in 1608 and, after being
destroyed in 1688, Louis XIV was rebuilt in the Palatinate War of Succession
between 1689 and 1692 and the oriels renewed. A passageway was built into the
corner of the house "Zum grünen Baum" in 1950. It offered pedestrians
a way out when the tram that existed between 1899 and 1967 turned around the
corner. The house "Zum heiligen Petrus" housed a pharmacy from 1730
to the 2000s. The house with the plants and putti on the oriel was the only one
that survived the bombing raids of the Second World War almost unscathed.
fourth building, the "Hauptwache", guns, flags, muskets and horns
commemorate the Electoral Trier soldiers who performed police duties from here.
Until 1848 the main guard of the Prussian police was still in the building.