The property came into the possession of the ruler of Palatinate-Lautern, the Count Palatine Ludwig-Philipp, in 1619.
Later it was the widow’s estate of Maria Eleonore, the sovereign of Lautern and wife of the Count Palatine. The splendid stucco room, furnished with objects from the 18th century, serves as a reminder of the building’s history as the residence of nobility. The ceiling, with its ribbon ornamentation and cherub allegories of the four seasons, is considered among the finest pieces of baroque stucco in southwestern Germany.
Stadtmuseum - Wadgasserhof
Phone(0049) 631 365 2327