Ciabatta and a "sandwich wine": To accompany this dish, we recommend the Burg Rheinfels Riesling, a medium dry wine from the Philipps-Mühle winery in St. Goar on the Middle Rhine. It is a typical Riesling, characterised by the region’s mineral-rich slate soil, whose fruity flavours go wonderfully with the mild Parma ham and the buffalo mozzarella.
1. Bake the ciabatta according to the instructions, separate and cut in half. Briefly return the ciabatta halves to the oven to brown the cut surfaces.
2. Cut the garlic cloves in two and rub each ciabatta slice with half a clove.
3. Spread the ciabatta with pesto and add the Parma ham.
4. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and add them to the ham.
5. Roughly chop the basil leaves and sprinkle them over the ciabatta.
6. Finally, add salt, pepper and a dash of the Crema di Balsamico and place the second ciabatta slice on top.
Serve with a rocket or green salad.