More and more hiking enthusiasts are discovering the regions around Rhine and Moselle for themselves. For a whole host of reasons, such as:
- the varied and captivating scenery,
- the wine-growing regions, each with their own unmistakable feel, on the banks of dramatically meandering rivers such as the Ahr, Moselle, Saar, Rhine or Nahe, or in the Palatinate and Rheinhessen,
- the hospitable people of the Rhineland-Palatinate, who have an infectious zest for life that they celebrate in their own way with their creative winemakers, top-class chefs and hearty regional cuisine,
- the prestigious cultural attractions such as famous palaces and castles, the spectacular Rhine in Flames festivals and Trier, the oldest town in Germany,
- myths and legends surrounding the Loreley rock, the castles and the Roman Limes,
- the wine festivals on the Moselle, the almond blossom festival in the Palatinate.
... and, of course, these outstanding walking trails!