The Kaifenheimer mill, first mentioned in 1005, lies in the Brohlbach valley immersed in nature, surrounded by meadows, fields and forest, 800 meters from the village Kaifenheim.
Despite this solitary position the mill is traffic-technically very well connected - the mill has its own bus stop (400 m) and the A48 can be reached in five minutes.
The mill offers
- the guest seeking recreation an oasis of tranquility - meadows and wood close to the mill are part of the estate,
- the rambler plentiful opportunity for hiking tours in the near and far - the award-winning premium hiking trails as "STraumpfade" and the stages of the "Mosel Trail" is a few minutes in reach,
- the bike hikers many varied tours, across the low mountains of the Eifel and the river valley of the Mosel,
- the patrimonial interested visitors many opportunities for excursions through a varied landscape - the volcanic Eifel and culturally important cities like Trier, Koblenz and Mayen and its many attractions are within easy reach,
- the connoisseurs of excellent wines and good food the nearby Moselle and excellent country inns in the area.
You spend your holidays in a former water mill, which was used to grind grain, and later for the production of rapeseed oil. The waterwheel and the art in the mill building are still fully present, and will be shown on request to our guests.
The mill consists of five buildings that are partially used for private and tourist residential purposes.
A central part of the farm are the, Grade II Listed chapel established in 1895, and a grotto dedicated to the Holy Bernadette.
phone(0049) 261 44680